Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tattoo Barbie

A popular toy for girls is getting another makeover, but not everyone likes the new look.

Mattel is releasing a new Barbie covered in tattoos. She's called "Totally Stylin Tattoos Barbie" and will hit shelves ready for spring. She comes with a set of tattoo stickers which can be put anywhere on the doll. Some people say this is not appropriate for young children.

"I think it's attracting kids too young that want to expose parts of body to show off tattoos" says Jenn Alcayaga. Beth Kirkpatrick says "I guess I'm old school. That would not fly. I would not buy that for my granddaughters."

Doll collectors say this isn't the first time mattel's pushed the limits. A few years ago, the company released a pregnant midge doll. When her stomach was opened an infant would pop out. Complaints forced stores like Wal-Mart to stop selling the controversial doll in 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment